Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Thirteen steps back......

I've been dieting on and off for most of my adult life. I finally joined Weight Watchers a couple of years ago and lost 67 pounds only to gain about 20-30 of it back after my surgery two summers ago. Not that surgery caused the weight gain; the perpetual motion of my hand going to my mouth caused the weight gain!!! So some time around August of 08, I decided enough was enough and went back to Weight Watchers. I've since lost the 20-30 pounds I had gained back and we joined the gym last April. We don't go nearly as often as we should and sometimes it's weeks between gym visits. I was only 30 pounds from my goal weight when I slipped into this horrible funk. I've been super busy with work lately, Jessie's mouth has started to over-run her butt, Travis is, well, being Travis, and I am just depressed!! Of course, I'm a stress eater. I guess actually I'm not really a "stress" eater because I eat when I'm happy, bored, whatever. I've decided I'm addicted to food. My new love is Ay Jalisco Mexican Restaurant. Oh how I wish I had never eaten there!!! I keep telling hubby to quit saying yes every time I put in to eat out, but he's not so very good at saying no to me. Which usually is a good thing. Needless to say, my stress and depression have helped to pack on 13 pounds!! Yep, thirteen pounds in three weeks!! How ridiculous is that?! One of my very favorite doctors at work has referred me to a counselor for binge eating and I think I'm actually gonna go. I hate that I do this to myself!! And the whole time I'm shoving food in my face my little brain is hollering for me to back away from the food!! I even have two friends who are Personal Trainers and they TRY to keep me on track. Notice I said TRY. :)
So yesterday, I got back on the band wagon. I'm back on my "life style change" and back to the gym. Oh my goodness how I despise the gym. All those yahoos that go on and on about how much better they feel after a good workout......horse puckey!!! I did take a fun class called Zumba at the gym. I have never felt more uncoordinated in my life, but I did survive the class and it really was alot of fun. I was supposed to go to a kick boxing class tonight but never made it out the front door. Oh well, I only commited to Monday, Wednesday and Friday this week so I don't feel too guilty. Once I get within 25 pounds of my goal weight I'm making my appointment with the Plastic Surgeon. Bye Bye ham hocks and belly fat, bye bye over-cooked sweet potatoes, hello firm, flat and perky!!!! You'd think that would be incentive enough, but sometimes those sour skittles just jump right into my grimey little paws and I'm forced to eat them!!

4 comments:

  1. LOL, how you make weight loss so hilliarious is beyond me... Good luck with your goal and tell me how the plastic surgery goes, I need somethings put back where they used to be:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I left you a little something on my blog, swing by and check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the new blog look, Patrice did a great job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I too, have those same struggles....funny I just posted a blog about not like exercise and taking a Zumba class!

    ReplyDelete